Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Get someone on the other side of a Ray Ban…

It was a nice catchy ad by leading manufacturer of shades. And it did mean something different than the usual “A gift for some one you love” kind of ads. It made a difference about “which side of the goggle” and of course it was not the one, which comes to your mind the moment you think of shades.

This advertisement has inspired me to pick the name of my blog – “behind pink glasses” As one might guess, most of the writing coming out of my thoughts would be not the usual side of life. I am afraid of the whiter shade of pale, often projected by all the romantic people on this earth. It’s not that I want to demark my self than all these optimistic writers and poets, but life has started taking it’s toll after letting me enjoy the cruise rides and thrills of speeding on the way… And yes, during those rides on sunny days, I did wear my own Ray Ban :)

A lot has been advertised about these glasses from Ray Ban, and at once, I have even tested the claims of the UV cut-off and optical quality of it. Thanks of my first employer where we had the world-class setup to test optics. During all these tests, I often used to wonder if something similar did exist for human eyes, which would hide themselves behind this optics. The reasons would be as simple as protection from harsh sun light, the UV rays, and it could be as complicated as hiding the true feelings one is carrying with him.
One of the famous writer, while describing the presence of an actor in a funeral of a playback singer, explained the need felt by that actor for wearing dark glasses in such a touching manner that from that moment onwards whenever I get to see any one wearing shades in a funeral, I ought to remember his lines… “You can somehow control the tremors of your body by seeking some one to support you. You can clench your jaws so that the words do not echo your whimper, but it’s impossible to not let your eyes know the world what your feelings are. You have to be hiding your eyes behind the other side of shades…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home